More Potty Milestones

3-30-06 - Okay, so I realize that there have been a lot of potty stories, but I can't help it. I had to post this photo - I resisted taking photos of Fiona on her potty because who the hell wants to have photographic evidence of them on the pot, but this was too cute to be ignored. Fiona, holding her feet up as she sits on her potty. I couldn't resist.
And this morning, we woke up and pottied (as we always do), but instead of diapering her right up, I left her bare bottomed on the bed - for a half hour - as I dressed and got ready for my day. When I was ready, I put her on her potty (just to see if she might go a little before I put her in her diaper for the morning) and she peed a bucket! This is exciting only because she didn't pee on the bed, she didn't pee in her diaper, she peed in the potty - our first successful diaper free time at home! Yeah!
Okay, I'll try to limit the potty stories, but after all, this is Fiona's blog, so...I'll just try to keep throwing in OTHER milestones as well. Okay?
Like, earlier this week, I came home from work and Fiona was sitting in her car seat (not strapped in, just hanging out) in the kitchen. As soon as I walked into the room, she gave me a big smile and held her arms up to be picked up, but she didn't stop there. Before I could even reach her, she made eye contact with me and stuck her fist in her mouth. It was VERY CLEAR, she wanted me to pick her up and feed her. We haven't even seriously started signing with her yet, but she's already figured out her own signs. It's awesome!
So does anyone doubt that so far, I love being a mom?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home