Fiona's Life and Times

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Diaper Free! Part Three, but who's counting.



4-10-06 - So I know I've bragged about being Diaper Free a couple times - once by accident, once for a measley half hour, but this...this has to truly qualify as our first impressive diaper free evening. The above cute little outfit being modeled by our wonderful daughter is sans diaper.

I came home from work on Monday only to find that despite best intentions, Fiona had been outfitted (by someone who shall remain nameless) in a burp cloth (instead of a diaper) and the diaper wrap was apparently not designed to hold such a large piece of cloth on such a small baby because the velcro closure had abraided Fiona's tummy something fierce. Our little trooper didn't really seem to mind, but it looked very irritated, so after I pottied her, I just couldn't bring myself to put a diaper back on her - even the correct way, I just knew it would continue to chaffe her, so...I put this cute outfit on with its cute bloomers and let her go diaper free.

When we came out of the potty room I announced to all present that she was cocked and loaded so if we didn't pay attention, someone was going to end up wet. Fiona was diaper free from 5:15 pm until 9:30 pm when we finally went to bed - not one accident was had. It was pretty cool. I mean, I know they call it diaper free and we've certainly had long stretches of success, but we've never really tested ourselves by actually letting her go diaper free for very long.

It was a truly notable evening. And if the nameless person hadn't been confused by the different diaper looking things in our home, we may never have taken the opportunity to find out just how far along on our journey we've come. Yippee!

posted by Chaos @ 12:12 PM  

1 Comments:

  • At 5:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations! Keep up the great job on being diaper free!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?

Previous Posts

  • Weekend Photos
  • Big Weekend and Back to Nature
  • Sun and My Favorite Things
  • Fiona - Four Months Old
  • First Visit to the Easter Bunny
  • More Potty Milestones
  • Four Month Check-Up
  • Diaper Free!
  • Feet, Hands and Hair
  • Emotion and a Few Hairs Cut

Powered by Blogger

 

 


Free Hit Counter