Fiona's Life and Times

Friday, September 28, 2007

September Photo


Alright, so since Auntie Gae left at the beginning of August, we have SUCKED at taking photos. So I took this photo the other night and figured I would post it instead of waiting until I had more photos - cuz who knows when that will happen.


What is new since the last post...?

Fiona is now walking up and down the stairs on her own. I knew it was just a matter of time, but she's pretty good at it already. No serious mishaps yet.

We went to the Puyallup Fair. We didn't get another color caricature of Fiona this year (when we got to that booth, Fiona had about had it with the fair and needed a nap, so it wasn't a good time to ask her to sit still for an artist - because any sitting was going to involve nursing and napping). We did get a family caricature, I'll have to get it scanned so that I can post it here.

Fiona's signing vocabulary continues to grow and she uses her signs very effectively, but she is starting to say more words now, too. I am still happy that she signs because "cracker" and "jacket" sound a lot alike, as do "apple", "owl" and "elbow". "Ball" and "potty" are also amazingly similar.

The other day Fiona became very frustrated with me because as she was nursing (squished up next to me in the recliner), she was trying to tell me something and was using just one hand to make this unintelligible sign. I didn't understand and she got VERY upset to the point where she stopped nursing, curled up into a ball was just wailing. I was concerned that I had missed something major and she was in pain or something, but no, when she managed to gather herself together, she pointed outside and made the "bicycle" sign to let me know that there were kids out there on bicycles. She had seen them and she wanted me to see them...that's all.

Fiona is adjusting well to school. She still doesn't like it when mommy drops her off there, but luckily Dave drops her off most days and she is happy as a clam. It's been interesting to see how quickly it has effected her activities at home. I am looking forward to continuing to change our lifestyle to accommodate her inclusion in more activities. More often than not, she is just so fun to have around. And while a part of us remains apprehensive about when/how she will wean and leave our bed, another part of me is just so amazed that she is growing up and I know that she will eventually be independent, so I'm not going to rush this short, precious time.

Tuesday night we picked up a new piece of furniture for our guest bedroom and it's on casters, so Dave was wheeling it down the hall. Fiona caught site of that and she ran over there and Dave was really surprised by how much Fiona was able to help him wheel it down the hall and maneuver it into the room, position it in the corner.

Little things, little things. I wish I could think of more relevant things to write here about her - she's been sick for the last couple weeks. Now she's mostly just coughing - here's hoping that clears up soon - but Dave said that all the kids in her class are sick, too, so...gotta love this immune system ramping-up phase.

This is mom, looking ahead to a possible Halloween Party at our house this year and Fiona's 2nd birthday party, since I don't have to worry about other folks planning it for me, I get to use all my creative energy to create a cool 2nd birthday party without going too far over the top.

That's all for now. Peace.

posted by Chaos @ 9:01 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?

Previous Posts

  • Another catch-up blog
  • A quick update
  • I have been tagged!
  • Lots of Fiona's Recent Photos
  • The Jacket I Knitted
  • Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
  • Recent Photos - Jan/Feb
  • Cautiously Optimistic
  • Fiona Signs!
  • Christmas

Powered by Blogger

 

 


Free Hit Counter