Fiona's Life and Times

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Another catch-up blog

Holy moly, I have about given up on this forum. But I finally found a few spare moments and thought I'd throw up a couple of photos taken recently and write a quick update about what's going on with us now.

First the photos, cuz I know that's what you all love:

8/28/07 - My first encounter with wild blackberries, I think I ate the equivalent of my body weight, or at least I smeared them on my face. Yum.

8/27/07 Just sitting in the dirt, throwing rocks. Doesn't take much to entertain me, but I just hate to wear my shoes, ya know?

"HI, Everybody!"


Mama and me

Mom's latest knit creation for me.

A relaxing sit in my new pool.

Ten Gallon Boots for me to fill...

Daddy and me, ready for Keith & Kristy's wedding (6/9/07)

Just hanging out at home with my ride.

So lots is happening with us lately. Auntie Gae had to leave at the beginning of August. She went to be with Dave's mom (her sister) who is not feeling too well. So mom got to take some time off from work and hang out with the kiddo. During the month we got Fiona enrolled in half day Montessori and found a fantastic mom to come and spend the other half of the day watching Fiona in our home. We've been easing into the new schedule and school starts next week, so wish us luck. So far Fiona has proven to be pretty flexible.
Fiona continues to absorb signs like crazy. She knows so many now. She talks, too, a little, but still not a lot. It's going to be interesting to see how she transitions to a school environment that claims to support sign language and kids who are potty trained. I'm sure it will all go great, it just happened a little more abruptly than we would have chosen.
Otherwize, things in the Conner household are pretty normal. Dave still loves his job, I still hate mine. I am working feverishly on putting together my own business - it's a little all-encompassing, so I am working on my business plan, etc. Once our financial plan concludes at the end of 2008, Dave and I should be in a good place to launch my business. At least that's what I'm hoping.
Cute things I've seen Fiona do lately:
Today I watched her figuring out the water fountain at the dog park. She could push the button and make the water come out, but she couldn't quite figure out that she needed to keep pushing the button if she wanted to put her hand in the water. It was amusing watching her push the button, see the water, then quick try to put her hand in it - but the water always stopped before she could touch it.
A few nights ago, she lined up all her bathroom frogs on the edge of the tub and diligently scrubbed them each with soap to wash their bellies and then she picked each frog up and rinsed him off in the bathtub - there are 7 frogs in all and she managed to get each one of them clean.
She also recently started walking up the stairs on her own. I was pretty amazed the first time I actually saw her walk up. She hasn't tried to walk down on her own yet, but I'm sure that's coming, too.
We gave up the high chair and she now has her own little wooden booster seat. We bought her a wooden potty chair that she can use, almost independently. The EC has been a total success and she is now completely miss free and dry all night. I remain completely excited that we decided to try it and that it was such a success.
I probably could say other things, but since this is more than I've written in months, I'll just leave it there.
Peace and love to you all.


















posted by Chaos @ 2:02 PM  

1 Comments:

  • At 5:12 AM, Blogger mamawilcox said…

    love, love, love all the pictures! The dress you made turned out beautiful! You have a great skill. I cannot believe all of Fiona's hair! The color is so pretty. Lots of love!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?

Previous Posts

  • A quick update
  • I have been tagged!
  • Lots of Fiona's Recent Photos
  • The Jacket I Knitted
  • Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
  • Recent Photos - Jan/Feb
  • Cautiously Optimistic
  • Fiona Signs!
  • Christmas
  • Photos - 1/21/07

Powered by Blogger

 

 


Free Hit Counter