Cautiously Optimistic
Fiona has woken up dry for the last three mornings. You may recall that we saw this briefly during our Christmas vacation, but this is the first time that we've consistently seen it at home. I am soooo hoping that this trend will continue and we can stop diapering her at night. We've been doing really well during the day, too. Saturday we only had one miss...well, okay there were two - But one was when Fiona was standing next to the toilet telling me that she had to go while I was drying my hair...I thought she was just messing around, until she actually made a mess - she was crying the whole time, I felt so bad that I didn't pay better attention to her, so that was my fault. Then we had a miss during dinner, but that's pretty good. Using only one diaper in a day.
And the signing is going great. She uses "milk" all the time and she has started using "more" a lot. I'm not sure that she really knows what it means because she'll use it at times when nothing has come first, so she'll be signing "more", but we're not really sure what she wants "more" of because she doesn't have anything to begin with. But it's great to see her experimenting with it and she positively beams when she signs something and gets what she wants. So fun. We're working on more signs now, can't wait to see what she picks up next.
We met up with Ellie and Max on Friday night. (I'll have to post pictures later this week). It was so fun. Hard to believe that Max is four months younger than Fiona - Max is taller, has more teeth, is walking and dancing - they seem like they are the same age. It was so fun to see them together, interacting. We all had a great time - until we had to drive home in the dark - damn, I really hate listening to her wailing like that. I hope she grows out of that soon.
And the signing is going great. She uses "milk" all the time and she has started using "more" a lot. I'm not sure that she really knows what it means because she'll use it at times when nothing has come first, so she'll be signing "more", but we're not really sure what she wants "more" of because she doesn't have anything to begin with. But it's great to see her experimenting with it and she positively beams when she signs something and gets what she wants. So fun. We're working on more signs now, can't wait to see what she picks up next.
We met up with Ellie and Max on Friday night. (I'll have to post pictures later this week). It was so fun. Hard to believe that Max is four months younger than Fiona - Max is taller, has more teeth, is walking and dancing - they seem like they are the same age. It was so fun to see them together, interacting. We all had a great time - until we had to drive home in the dark - damn, I really hate listening to her wailing like that. I hope she grows out of that soon.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home