Soakers and Surfing
Yeah, so I finished the soakers - only took me about 6 weeks. They are actually supposed to be pants, but I realized, it's summer, I can make 'em into knickers, since she's just going to be sleeping in them. They are WAY too big, but they are 12-month size (didn't know how long it was going to take me to knit them up and I didn't want her to outgrow them before I got them finished). So my first knitting project ever - not a scarf, not a hat, but a pair of pants where I actually altered the pattern on the fly. Aren't I just hot sh*t?!
Anyway, even though they are enormous (and technically they still need some elastic in the waistband), we have used them the last two nights and they work GREAT. So I'm trying to figure out the gauge for the yarn I bought so that I can make another pair.
And last night I witnessed two pretty cool moments from my little sweetie demon. I'll start with the second because after reading the first, the second would seem anti-climatic.
As I was getting ready for bed, Fiona was hanging out with Auntie Gae. I sat down at the dining room table across from them to throw down a quick glass of water. Fiona was eyeing me, as if to say - what the hell are you doing over there, I'm hungry and you sitting over there is not going to get it done, lady. So I smiled and waved to her, like I've done dozens of times before, and she smiled and waved right back. It was pretty wild.
But the achievement of the night HAS to be back to that well-placed boom box. I had set her down on the floor so that I could brush my teeth and watch her at the same time (ever the multi-tasker - didn't realize I'd been training my whole life to become a mom). She pulled herself up to standing, as she's become accustomed to doing over the past few days. She's getting pretty fancy about it now though. Pushing up with both her arms and only one leg. Or pushing up on both feet and taking a hand off the radio to look around. Well, last night, she was on one side of the radio, standing up and Jezebelle came and put her squeaky bone down on the other side of the radio. Fiona looked at the bone and worked things out in her head...she moved her hands to the center of the radio, then walked her feet over, then moved her hands to the other side of the radio and walked her feet over, then sat down to pick up the dog's bone and put it in her mouth while her mom stood stunned, drooling toothpaste on the floor - SHUT UP! Surfing already?! You just started CRAWLING! One thing at a time, eh?...I mean, YEEEAAAAHHH.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home