Father's Day Weekend
align="center"> Jack and Fiona, holding hands
Dave's first father's day was spent with old friends and shopping at REI.
We met Adam, Jeff, Mary and their 1-month old son, Jack (Giacomo?) at Green Lake. Jack slept, Fiona pottied and the rest of us ate. It was fun to see everyone again and meet the new little one. If things go well, we should be seeing them again soon, a barbeque, and maybe Jack will be further into his "more awake" developmental stage - I almost forgot how much sleeping Fiona did at that stage of things - not to mention how much she used to weigh. I got to hold Jack and it was like being able to glance back 6 months and appreciate things all that much more.
Then we went to REI - which used to have a free parking garage under the store, but now only the first hour is free, then you have to pay (no parking validation available). Famous last words - how could you spend more than an hour in the store anyway?...Three and a half hours later, we had purchased a back pack carrier for Fiona, a back pack for Jezebelle, hiking boots for Dave and I, a t-shirt, a bear bell for Jezebelle, oh, socks and I'm sure there were other things, but GEEZ, after spending all that money, we still had to pay $5 to exit the garage!
So now we're almost prepared for our upcoming camping trip in July. (we got a GREAT deal on a tent on Saturday). Happy first father's day, Dave.
It was funny, we had great EC success while we were at Green Lake, caught every pee. Then we got to REI. I took Fiona to the restroom, knowing it was time, but she was resistant, standing on the toilet seat, so I relented and decided to feed her before trying to potty her again (they even have a separate room in the women's restroom where you can feed your kid - take note of THAT Macy's Boston executives) and I had this inkling that I should either put her diaper back on or at least put it under her, but I didn't listen to myself (things had been going so well). She decided that peeing while eating was a good idea and soaked me. Ah, the joys of EC. At least it was just pee.
Then we went to REI - which used to have a free parking garage under the store, but now only the first hour is free, then you have to pay (no parking validation available). Famous last words - how could you spend more than an hour in the store anyway?...Three and a half hours later, we had purchased a back pack carrier for Fiona, a back pack for Jezebelle, hiking boots for Dave and I, a t-shirt, a bear bell for Jezebelle, oh, socks and I'm sure there were other things, but GEEZ, after spending all that money, we still had to pay $5 to exit the garage!
So now we're almost prepared for our upcoming camping trip in July. (we got a GREAT deal on a tent on Saturday). Happy first father's day, Dave.
It was funny, we had great EC success while we were at Green Lake, caught every pee. Then we got to REI. I took Fiona to the restroom, knowing it was time, but she was resistant, standing on the toilet seat, so I relented and decided to feed her before trying to potty her again (they even have a separate room in the women's restroom where you can feed your kid - take note of THAT Macy's Boston executives) and I had this inkling that I should either put her diaper back on or at least put it under her, but I didn't listen to myself (things had been going so well). She decided that peeing while eating was a good idea and soaked me. Ah, the joys of EC. At least it was just pee.





1 Comments:
At 9:41 AM,
Ellie said…
Wow! How cool. It would be fun to get together for a bbq sometime and see everyone again. Jack looks like such a Torcaso!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home