Fiona's Life and Times

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A few moments I want to remember

Fiona is coming along nicely, her cold seems to be gone. Nothing too major is going on milestone-wise, but there are a few things I wanted to remember.

Last night, I was holding Fiona and trying to drink a glass of water. Fiona reached up, grabbed the rim of the glass and pulled it from my mouth to hers. So funny. Apparently she was thirsty.

Monday morning, Dave was watching Fiona while I took a shower, getting ready for work. When I got out of the shower, I could hear Fiona crying like someone was trying to kill her. I hurried into the bedroom to see Fiona sitting on daddy's chest, lamenting the fact that she was hungry and daddy wasn't doing anything about it. I called her name and she looked over at me, the water works stopped immediately to be replaced by a big grin. I put her down on the bed and lay down next to her to feed her side-by-side. She rolled towards me and latched on, then rolled towards dad to give him the "see, this is what I wanted" grin, then rolled back to me, latched on, then rolled back towards dad to make sure he was paying attention, then rolled back to me, latched on...she did this several times and when she rolled to find that daddy was not paying attention, she would reach out and touch his arm to get his attention, then offer him the "see, i'm so happy when i'm eating" grin before rolling back to latch on again. So silly.

This morning, by the time I got out of the shower, Dave was running late for work, Fiona was, again, hungry, but not quite as upset as yesterday. When we lay down on the bed, she latched on, closed her eyes and began to pet my upper chest, like she just wanted to reassure herself that even though she couldn't see me, I was there and it wasn't just some trick. It was so cute. She is a total button. The things she does...

posted by Chaos @ 3:47 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?

Previous Posts

  • I'm so cute
  • Standing and Diaper Free Disaster Averted
  • Just Me and My Big Yummy Pony
  • Catching Up
  • Can I drink your salad?
  • Fiona - Future Cheerleader?
  • Easter Weekend
  • Diaper Free! Part Three, but who's counting.
  • Weekend Photos
  • Big Weekend and Back to Nature

Powered by Blogger

 

 


Free Hit Counter