Fiona's Life and Times

Monday, May 01, 2006

Standing and Diaper Free Disaster Averted


My angel is still under the weather, but she hasn't let it get her down, she continues to be her sunny self. She did a lot of sleeping this weekend. The nurse said 7-10 days for a cold. Today is day 7, so hopefully by the end of the week she will be recovered and not headed down the road of secondary infections.

Saturday night we were sitting on the couch hanging out when Fiona started doing this bouncing thing. It was like she was pretending to ride a horse. She grabbed on to my shirt with both hands and then just was bouncing up and down on my leg. I'd never seen anything like that before from her. It was quite amusing to watch. But she had the last laugh because after a while, she pulled with her hands and pushed with her legs and just like that - she was standing. I wasn't even helping her at all. I had just been watching her bounce. It was...a little stunning actually. She did it a couple times, but the first time was the most successful. I'm sure over the next week we'll encourage her to do some more bouncing and standing. She is so strong, it's crazy.

Then Sunday, we went up to the Alderwood Mall (and for anyone who's ever been there...it's so different now, you wouldn't even recognize it - it doesn't even look like a box mall anymore - it looks like a village of stand alone stores and it's gotten very upscale expensive...I found a cute dress for Fiona that was $40...on sale. Needless to say, it'll be a cute dress for some other little girl). Fiona is already a veteran shopper and while she did talk loudly to many passers-by, she was very well behaved for the whole trip.

When we got home, I decided to keep her diaper free for a while - because I've found at night, after a long day, we tend to pay less attention to the pottying - it's just easier to keep watching TV or whatever, instead of potty her. But I thought, if she was diaper free, I'd have to be attentive.

Well, let me tell you, that only goes so far. We caught two pees, but the third one came earlier than I expected. I didn't get overly wet (it wasn't a big pee), but she needed to be fully changed after that. So I took her upstairs to get some new clothes and decided to put her on the potty, just to see if she had any left in her. She no sooner sat down than she poohed. I cannot believe how close I came to being poohed on. And I had no idea. That could have seriously changed my feelings about diaper free, let me tell you. Luckily that disaster was averted, so we will continue our journey, although we may be a little more cautious for a while.

posted by Chaos @ 8:15 AM  

1 Comments:

  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Mary said…

    Hey! I found your site from a link on Ron and Ellie's. Fiona is sooo adorable! I think right now she really looks like you, Chaos! It's fun to see the pics and read about your adventures. Maybe we can get together and catch up and meet the lovely Fiona soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?

Previous Posts

  • Just Me and My Big Yummy Pony
  • Catching Up
  • Can I drink your salad?
  • Fiona - Future Cheerleader?
  • Easter Weekend
  • Diaper Free! Part Three, but who's counting.
  • Weekend Photos
  • Big Weekend and Back to Nature
  • Sun and My Favorite Things
  • Fiona - Four Months Old

Powered by Blogger

 

 


Free Hit Counter